Our marine-specific, two cylinder, single overhead camshaft design features a new cylinder block and head to enhanced performance, durability and economy.
- A proven 498cc two-cylinder, SOHC design features a new cylinder block and head. The pistons, connecting rods, and valves are the same as used in its F60 big brother, for added strength, responsive power and excellent fuel efficiency in a compact package.
- New electronics and a new micro-computer controlled ignition system mean dependable starting and consistent power, while an advanced air intake system drains away any water that enters the cowling during normal engine operation for long-term reliability.
- A streamlined intake manifold uses long tracks and smoother airflow, for reliable and responsive power with outstanding fuel efficiency.
- Engine exhaust is routed through a maze before exiting above the waterline through the idle exhaust relief outlet for unbelievably smooth and quiet operation.
- Tiller handle models feature improvements in strength and operator comfort, with stronger components and improved grip. Our Multi-Function tiller is also available as an option on remote control model.
- A specially-designed driveshaft that is narrow in the center section and thicker on each end. This helps the driveshaft to temporarily flex when the propeller strikes a hard object reducing the risk of damage.